Monday, March 14, 2011
Over the rainbow bento
In the box:
- Rainbow bread ham sandwich
- tangerine slices, red & green grapes
- Terra veggie chips
I have been wanting to make rainbow bread for weeks. What a great sandwich for St Patty’s day. The kids are going to love it.
In the box:
- whole wheat flat bread
- pizza sauce in small green container
- mini turkey peperoni
- mozzarella cheese
- GoGo Squeeze applesauce **see note below**
GoGo Squeeze Applesauce~I found these at WalMart and was surprised at the ingredients list!
Ingredients are Apple & Cinnamon
Fat Fighting Mom said…Once you get enough bentos together you need to print them out in book form. I’m sure lots of people would buy them to keep on hand in the kitchen for ideas. My kids would flip over the pizzas.
For the applesauce, we just buy the individual cups and poke a straw through the top. Works perfectly and might be a cheaper alternative. That tip is on my list of future blog posts. 🙂
LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!
Jennifer said…How much was the applesauce? It says we can get them at Publix,HT,& Walmart.
Colleen said…I’m going to have to look for the applesauce!! I’m on a hunt for veggie straws too—wish I could find them!
Linsey said…FFM~ Thank you for the applesauce idea!!!
Jennifer~ I will look for my receipt
Colleen~I found the veggie straws @ WalMart
- Pb & j sushi roll on wheat bread
- mini carrots
- graham crackers
In the Box:
Honey Wheat Sticks
Heart Candy Box 1 pc of heart shaped candy
Mini banana with banana art *instructions below*
Asparagus Bundles *recipe below*
Lunchbox Love Notes for Kids enter code: LBLCMP for 10% off
Banana Art: Use a tooth pick to write or draw on a banana peel. Within minutes it begins to darken. 😉
- Heat oven to 400degrees
- In a small pot: melt butter. Add in brown sugar, teriyaki sauce, & garlic salt. Once boiling remove from heat.
- wash & break off ends of asparagus
- wrap 1pc of the cut bacon around 4 pieces of asparagus, secure with a toothpick
- place bundles in a greased pan
- pour sugar mixture over bundles
- Bake for 20 mins
Go ahead download and print it!
- Mrs Octo-Dawg with bun & ketchup (pink container)
- Cucumber umbrella
- Sweet Potato fries
- Watermelon & blueberry kabob
Cut legs then boil to make the legs curl up.
Cut cheese for eyes & mouth.
I used ketchup to stick her eyes & mouth on.
In the Box:
- Mr & Mrs Pac-Man (Mini Babybel Cheese)
- Ghosts (quail eggs died in food coloring)
- Red beans and rice
- Sugar Snap peas
I just love this bento! This was my niece, Kayla’s idea. 🙂
My kids have just started playing Pac-Man. So this will be a huge hit with them.
I just checked out the Foodista website! LOVE IT!
|pic by: Lunches Fit for a Kid|
Pizza dough (your favorite recipe or store bought)
***I used Crescent Rolls: notes at end of post***
Don’t forget to enter my contest to win a Goodbyn Lunchbox!!!
Astrid said…So happy that you liked them! Using cresent rolls is a wonderful idea. Do you have a bread machine? I love mine for making pizza dough – toss the ingredients in, and dough is ready an hour and a half later. 😀 (you can even freeze it for future use)
Thanks for being a great reader!
-Astrid, Lunches Fit For a Kid
The Cooks said…Love it! I printed it last night when I read it on LFAK!!! Thanks for the idea of the crescent!
- We have drastically decreased the # of fast food drive-thru trips!
- Tex has started taking a lunch instead of eating out
- Kids are eating more fruit and veggies
- Finally able to stop buying white bread.
- I have 1 child that had a really hard time letting go of the white bread,since the Bento not a word about the wheat bread!
- It’s like unwrapping a gift everyday, just ask my kids
Not microwave safeThey sell the Fit & Fresh one at Target (pic below)
MOST days it takes 15 minutes, depending on how creative I want to be. For my family to enjoy eating healthier foods, I will gladly spend those extra minutes playing with my food ;-)PART 2 What you will need